Organisation is the key to getting your work done. When you maintain an organised desk, you are creating the best environment for accomplishing day-to-day tasks.
One survey revealed that 90% of Australians believe that clutter has a negative impact on their lives and work, and 77% believe that clutter actually hinders their efficiency.
Therefore, to initiate productive thinking, begin with what is in front of you: your work desk. Here are 5 ways that organising your desk enhances your ability to work.
1) Hiding or tucking away unneeded items means less visual distraction so you can focus on the task at hand.
2) An organised desk will give you more room to think creatively by providing ample space for brainstorms and other productive thoughts.
3) If everything has its place, it will be much easier to find things when they’re needed without wasting time looking around or misplacing them again.
4) Use the right tools to maintain organisation.
5) Make decisions on what you will keep and what you will discard.